This Tableau Accelerator allows you to:
- Assess your sales results vs quota
- Appraise your sales performance from different perspectives: Month-to-Date, Year-to-Date, Actual vs Quota vs LY, Tabular View
Answer key business questions
- Have we achieved our sales quota? This month? Since the beginning of the year?
- How do we perform compared to the previous month? Compared to last year?
- Where do we need to focus our sales efforts?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Total Sales: Total Sales amount actual (expressed in currency)
- Total Quota: Total Sales amount target (expressed in currency)
- Sales vs Quota: Remaining sales to reach the quota (expressed in currency)
- Sales vs Quota %: Quota attainment rate (expressed in %)
- Quota Attainment %: Share of Sales Quota a person or an organization was able to reach/attain (expressed in %)
- Date (date): Period
- Sales Amount (numeric): Sales Amount
- Quota Amount (numeric): Quota Amount (add the level of detail of your choice to your dataset)
Getting Started Steps
- Ensure you have Tableau Desktop version 2023.2 or higher installed, and it is licensed. Use the Salesforce Data Cloud connector to connect to Data Cloud. Note this is a connector released with the Data Cloud Summer’ 23 release as described here. This accelerator works only with the Salesforce Data Cloud connector.
- Ensure the Tableau has been provisioned access to pull data from Salesforce Data Cloud (previously known as Salesforce CDP). There is great documentation on how to do this on Customer Data Platform’s Help site.
Understand the Data Model Requirements
The Accelerator shows data from these objects
- tab_Sales_Target__dlm (Custom object)