Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility) is a scalable, highly durable, and fully managed database service for operating mission-critical MongoDB workloads.
SQL is the de facto standard for data and analytics and one of the most popular languages among data engineers and data analysts. The Amazon DocumentDB JDBC driver provides a SQL interface that allows SQL-based tools to easily access JSON data stored in Amazon DocumentDB. With the Amazon DocumentDB JDBC driver, you can visualize JSON data with Tableau Desktop and run SQL queries on JSON data with developer tools like DbVisualizer.
- Download the Connector file (.taco)
- Move the .taco file here:
- Windows: C:\Users[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
- Start Tableau and under Connect, select the Amazon DocumentDB connector. (Note: You'll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed.
- Amazon DocumentDB Driver Installation:
- Go to the Driver Download page.
- Download the Amazon DocumentDB Driver .jar file and move into the following directory:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Library/Tableau/Drivers
- Relaunch Tableau and connect using the Amazon DocumentDB connector.
- Works with
- Tableau 2020.3 and later