The Tableau Accelerator for Stock Coverage (ABC-XYZ) gives you a jumpstart to data-driven insights for managing your inventory.
Inventory managers can use this Accelerator to identify products at risk (rupture and overstock), define the right stock/security stock coverage, and optimize production volumes to optimize inventory.
The ABC-XYZ analysis algorithm classifies your products and then recommends how to handle:
- Degree of automation replenishment processes
- Buffer Stock
- Inventory Control
Products are classified by:
- Volume → ABC (high, medium, low consumption)
- Volume Predictability / Reliability → XYZ (Linear demand, Unpredictable demand, Variable demand)
Each combination (AX, BX, CY..) implies a suggested way to manage inventory: identify products at risk (rupture and overstock), define the right stock / security stock coverage, optimize production volumes
Answer key business questions
- How are my products classified according to ABC/XYZ approach?
- What are the best inventory actions for my products?
- Which buffer stock to hedge against customer-induced variations?
- How many products do I have with a reliable forecast?
- Which products do I have with a high consumption value?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Total Volume
- Nb of Products
- Date (date)
- Product (string)
- Volume (numeric)