Accounts Payable is the money owed by a business to its creditors (suppliers for instance), basically the sum of outstanding supplier invoices (shown as a liability on a company's balance sheet).
This Tableau Accelerator allows you to:
- Assess & Optimize the balance of payable accounts
- Plan payments of outstanding invoices
- Deep-dive at Creditor level of detail
- Drill-back at 'Invoice #' level of detail, directly in your Financial Application and take immediate actions
Answer key business questions
- What is the total outstanding amount that we need to pay to our creditors?
- When is each outstanding invoice due?
- Who are our top creditors?
- What are the outstanding invoices?
- How does our payment process evolve?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Total Outstanding Amount: Total amount that is still to be paid to our creditors, including invoices which are still on-time to be paid (expressed in currency)
- Total Overdue Amount: Total amount that is still to be paid to our creditors, and for which the payment is late (expressed in currency)
- Overdue Amount %: Share of overdue amount on total outstanding amount (expressed in %)
- Total Invoice Amount: Total amount of all invoices
- Total Invoice Amount (cleared invoices): Total invoice amount (only for cleared invoices)
- Total Invoice Amount (invoices cleared late): Total invoice amount (only for cleared invoices)
Number of Invoices
- Nb Overdue Invoices (not cleared): Number of invoices that are not cleared yet, and for which the payment is late
- Nb Outstanding Invoices (not cleared): Number of invoices that are not cleared yet
- Nb Invoices (cleared): Number of cleared invoices
- Nb Overdue Invoices (cleared): Total number of cleared invoices that were overdue (the payment was done late)
- Nb Overdue Invoices % (cleared): Share of (cleared) invoices that were paid late
- Avg Time to Pay Invoices: Average Duration between Invoice Date and Clearing Date
- Avg Payment Terms: Average Duration between Invoice Date and Due Date
- Avg Nb Days from Due Date: Average Time to Pay Invoices - Average Payment Terms
- Nb Creditors: Total number of creditors (whether they have outstanding invoices or not)
- Nb Creditors (with outstanding invoices): Total number of creditors having outstanding invoices
- Nb Creditors (with overdue invoices): Total number of creditors having overdue invoices
- Invoice # (string): Invoice unique identifier
- Invoice Date (date): Date of the invoice
- Creditor (string): Provider/Creditor name
- Due Date (date): By when the invoice is due
- Cleared Flag (string) ← expected values: 'Y', 'N'. 'Y' means that no additional payment is expected
- Clearing Date (date): When the invoice was cleared
- Invoice Amount (numeric): Invoice amount
- Outstanding Amount (numeric): Amount which is still to be paid on the invoice