The SAP SuccessFactors Connector is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with live data from SAP SuccessFactors and analyze the data directly in Tableau
Connector contains an embedded SQL Engine that pushes supported SQL operations to the data source and processes unsupported operations client-side (Query Folding):
- Issue complex queries using SQL-92 compliant operations and clauses.
- Leverage server-side data processing for supported operations.
- Build new relationships and custom datasets.
Connector supports bulk operations, push-down, client functions, aggregation and advanced TLS/SSL data encryption.
- Download the Connector file (.taco).
- Move the .taco file here:
- Windows: C:\Users[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
- Install the JDBC Driver
- Go to the Driver Download link
- Download the JDBC .jar file and move into the following directory:
- Windows - C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- macOS - /Users/[user]/Library/Tableau/Drivers
- Launch Tableau Desktop (2021.2 and above)
- Go to Connect → To a Server and select SAP SuccessFactors
Note: There are no licensing fees when you use the CData driver with the SAP SuccessFactors Tableau Connector. However, if you use the CData driver with the Tableau Other Databases (ODBC) connector or outside of Tableau, licensing fees will apply.