Looking to conduct holistic data analysis without waiting for data engineers to move your data from its source? Starburst Enterprise leverages Trino, formerly PrestoSQL, an open-source, distributed SQL query engine, to make better decisions with lightning-fast access to all data, no matter where it lives.
Starburst solves for the intersection of ever-increasing data volumes and data consumers. We help our customers de-prioritize data movement while they give their teams consistent, easy, and fast SQL-based access to all their data to support rapid data analytics. We call this the data consumption layer.
Starburst Enterprise is a data consumption layer that unlocks siloed data by providing fast access to any data source with SQL — the query language your team already knows. And, you can keep all the analytics tools you already use, including Tableau!
Download the Connector file (.taco).
Move the .taco file here:
- Windows: C:\Users[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
Start Tableau and under Connect, select the "Starburst Enterprise by Starburst" connector. (Note: You’ll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed.
Starburst JDBC Driver Installation: A. Go to the Driver Download page.
B. Download the Starburst JDBC Driver .jar file and move into the following directory:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Library/Tableau/Drivers
Relaunch Tableau and connect using the "Starburst Enterprise by Starburst" connector.
Fill out the dialog box with the connection information:
- Server = IP of your Starburst coordinator
- Port = Port of your Starburst coordinator
- Authentication - Authentication type of your Starburst coordinator