- The chart presents a typical bar chart but offers the capability of animating the bars through periods such as time. The bars resize and relocate for each period.
- A user can pause the animation at any point and can then restart the animation or browse to the next or previous period.
- Values are shown at the end of each bar.
- A variety of properties are available to the designer which include adjustment of point and period change duration, show/hide pause panel, font/color editing and the number of bar items to be shown.
For information on using the Bar Race Chart, see Bar Race Chart User Guide
To view a YouTube video on using the chart, see Animated Bar Race Chart for Tableau
Check out a live demo here.
- Hosted at
- Works with
- Tableau 2019.4 and laterTableau Public (2020.1 and later)