Founded by the creators of Apache Kylin, Kyligence is on a mission to accelerate the productivity of its customers by automating data management, discovery, interaction, and insight generation – all without barriers. Kyligence enables Tableau customers to scale their data with unmatched performance and seamless integration.
Tableau users can analyze petabytes of data on the big data platform with sub-second query latency and can conduct multi-dimensional and ad-hoc queries using a live connection between Kyligence and Tableau.
Kyligence automatically syncs models with Tableau to avoid duplicated effort and human error and connects data sources on Hadoop platform and accelerates queries.
Configure the Kyligence Connector for Tableau Desktop
- Download and Install the Kyligence ODBC Driver
- Download Kyligence Connector file (.taco)
- Copy your packaged connector file (.taco) into your install directory:
- macOS: ~/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
- Windows: My Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
- Restart Tableau Desktop
- Start Tableau and under Connect, select the Kyligence connector. (Note: You'll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed.)
Configure the Kyligence Connector for Tableau Server
- Create a directory for Tableau connectors. This needs to be the same path on each machine. For example:/usr/local/tableau_connectors
- Copy Kyligence packaged connector file ( .taco) into the folder your created
- Restart Tableau Server
Configure the delegation
Prerequisites for User Delegation
- You are using Tableau Desktop and Server 2019.4 and above.
- You are using Kyligence Enterprise 4.1.6 and above
- You have installed Kyligence ODBC Driver 3.1.9 and above.
- You have configured the Kyligence connector on your Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server machine.
- Ensure for each user, the Tableau Server username is the same as the username in Kyligence Enterprise. We call it an execute as user. You can set it locally in Tableau Server and Kyligence Enterprise, in LDAP or other 3rd-party user authentication systems.
truein the Kyligence Enterprise configuration file in
<Kyligence Enterprise Installation Directory\>/conf/kylin.properties. Restart Kyligence Enterprise server to let the changes effective.
Configure the delegation
The user delegation only works on Tableau Server. When you upload a workbook that using Kyligence connector as the data source to Tableau Server, please choose Impersonate via embedded password as the Authentication mode.
Please refer to Kyligence User Manual for detailed Instructions.
- Works with
- Tableau 2019.4 and later