The Qubole Hive connector is JDBC based to run hive queries in Qubole Hadoop/Hive cluster and fetch back the result to Tableau for visualization or reporting. This supports all Qubole Hive versions. Please check out Qubole documentations for more information.
- Download the Connector file (.taco).
- Move the .taco file here:
- Windows: C:\Users[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
- Start Tableau and under Connect, select the Qubole Hive connector. (Note: You'll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed.)
- Qubole JDBC Driver Installation:
- A. Go to the Driver Download
- B. Download the Qubole JDBC Driver .jar file and move into the following directory:
- Windows - C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- macOS - /Users/[user]/Library/Tableau/Drivers
- Relaunch Tableau and connect using the Qubole Hive connector.
- Works with
- Tableau 2019.4 and later